SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland | Lewis Carroll | Review

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll book review on Blogger's Bookshelf.

‘I knew who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.’

This quote popped up somewhere on my radar years before I knew it was where it was from, when I finally discovered it’s owner and realised it was the original form of one of my favourite childhood films I added the book to my to-read list. 

I always find it hard to recommend or review classic literature because there isn't much left to say that hasn't already been said. Or If I do have something different to say it’s normally because I haven’t been gripped by a classic like I normally am. Nevertheless I shall try my best.

Most of us have watched the Alice in Wonderland Disney film and/or the more recent release with scary real life versions of the characters. So we all know to expect a reasonably crazy storyline with some of the most bizarre characters you could wish to imagine. I don’t think I can go any further with this review before I say how much I love Carroll’s writing, he writes from Alice’s young and fresh perspective and transports the reader back to their own childhood innocence.

I won’t go into the storyline because most of us already know it, but I will say the only thing that disappointed me about this book (and knocked off a star) was the ending. A bit of an anti-climax.

I would however recommend this book to anyone who loves a good classic or longs to be lost in a magical word of fantasy. 4/5 stars

This post was written by regular reviewer Laura, get to know her here.
*Photo © Laura

4 comments

  1. I LOVE Alice in Wonderland! All that crazy-ness and the weird things that happen...just awesome. I haven't read the book in ages, but now I think I need to read it again! Thanks Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:50 pm

    LOVE this book, such a classic xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i love this book because i am called Alice haha. But also my mum bought me a really special edition with coloured plates in for getting into uni which is really precious to me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually haven't read Alice in Wonderland but that's something I need to do soon! Thanks for reviewing it! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.