SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Guest Review | Paper Towns | John Green

photo (1)

The Paper Towns' blurb goes like this: "Who is the real Margo? Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows. After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. She has disappeared. Q soon learns that there are clues in her disappearance ...and they are for him. Trailing Margo's disconnected path across the USA, the closer Q gets, the less sure he is of who he is looking for." 

It's about a teenage girl who I think it is fair to say is a little bit lost and looks at life in a very different way, and a boy who learns that not everybody can be saved, one of the most important lessons to learn. 

 Green writes wonderfully; in my experience of his writing I've found that he depicts adolescents perfectly, which is not as easy to do as it may seem. His characters are incredibly believable and I found myself desperate to find out where the story ended up. I don't want to write too much about it, but it made me think. 

Just as I've written before, when I visited the theatre, I love it when things make me think. Not in the simple sense of the word, as humans we're constantly thinking about something or other, but when something makes me think more profoundly about the world we're living in, I cannot recommend it enough. And Paper Towns did just that for me, it's a lot about not knowing where you're going, a feeling of not belonging and a fear of the unknown, something I think we can all relate to. I'm not going to write about vocabulary, or plot, or imagery, that's not really me, but I doubt I will forget this book in a hurry. 

This post was written by guest blogger Anna, find her blog Reasoning My Soul here.
Photo c/o Anna

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.