SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Alexa aka Alexa Loves Books

For today's installment of Being A Book Blogger we're talking to the lovely Alexa of Alexa Loves Books. Here's what she had to say about author inspirations, the book blogging community and more...

alb2alb


BB: For those readers who aren't already following 'Alexa Loves Books' could you tell us a little bit about the girl behind the blog? Where does your passion for reading come from & why did you decide to starting blogging?

A: Hi! I'm Alexa, and I'm the girl behind Alexa Loves Books (which is fairly redundant, I know). I live in New York right now, but I'm currently in the Philippines because I just got married last September 8. Apart from reading, I enjoy traveling to new places, taking pretty photos and spending good quality time with my loved ones. Plus, I'm a sucker for sweets and a cup of tea or coffee!

I've always loved to read. It has a lot to do with the fact that my mother read to me while I was in her womb, continuing on when she gave birth to me and as I was growing up. As soon as I was old enough, I started reading for myself, unable to get enough of the incredible stories and worlds these books had to offer me.

I started my blog two years ago, mostly on a whim. It was initially a place for me to write down the thoughts I had about books I'd read, which was a great way for me to keep track of the books I loved and the ones I didn't. But it's now become a platform for me to share my thoughts on books, connect with booklovers, and help promote my favorite authors.

BB: What is your favourite thing about the book blogging community in particular?

I love the fact that I meet people who share my (obsessive) love of books and reading. In my real life, not very many of my loved ones enjoy reading as much as I do, so it's nice to be able to interact with people who get it. I've made some really wonderful friends in the book community, friends that I would also consider real life friends.

BB: As well as reading you enjoy writing, which authors inspire you the most?

Oh, wow. This is actually a tough question for me! I think I can narrow it down to three authors as of the moment. First, JK Rowling. Harry Potter was a big part of my life growing up, and I love the way she built her world, carved out her characters and wrote a story that was just wonderful from beginning to end. Second, Sarah J. Maas. Her writing and publication journey is an incredible inspiration to me, and her novel Throne of Glass made me start writing again. Third, Gayle Forman. I think Gayle has this incredible ability to write in the most concise, yet most beautiful and meaningful prose. Other authors I could have included in this category are Morgan Matson, Trish Doller, Jessi Kirby, Jodi Meadows, Susan Dennard and Marissa Meyer.

BB: If you had to list your favourite reads of 2013 so far which books would make the cut?

You guys are giving me such hard questions! Let's see. Top reads of the books published this year? Where the Stars Still Shine (Trish Doller), All Our Yesterdays (Cristin Terrill), Crown of Midnight (Sarah J. Maas), Dare You To (Katie McGarry), Golden (Jessi Kirby), Just One Day (Gayle Forman) and The Cadet of Tildor (Alex Lidell).

alexa books

BB: Now for a couple of fun questions; we recently posted about our dream holiday destinations inspired by books, what would yours be?

Oh! I love this question. I would love to visit London (as inspired by The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight). It would also be fun to hit up Paris (Just One Day), Florida (Where the Stars Still Shine). If I could also join the road trip in Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, I would.

BB: If you could invite 5 fictional characters to a dinner party who would you choose and why?

And now we're back to the tough questions! You guys are definitely challenging me :) I think I'd invite Chaol Westfall (Throne of Glass) as my date, since he's basically my number one book boyfriend of the moment. I'd also want to bring Sturmhond (Siege & Storm) for extra entertainment, Eleanor (Something Strange and Deadly) so we could discuss necromancy, Hermione (Harry Potter) so we could talk books and magic, and Cath (Fangirl) who would probably be my BFF.

BB: Finally, which fellow book blogs would you recommend to our readers?

Rather Be Reading, for great reviews in a variety of genres and fun features. So Obsessed With, for awesome adult recommendations and very thorough reviews. Hello Chelly, for short but thoughtful book reviews. Novel Sounds, for beautiful graphics and blog posts. Realm of Fiction, for some of the best reviews I've ever read.

Here's where to find Alexa online -
Blog
Twitter
Goodreads
Facebook

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Alexa for taking part in this interview.
If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Interview & post by Erin 

Images c/o Alexa & Goodreads

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.