SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Meet The Team | Part Four

Today we have the last post in our mini series of interviews featuring the Blogger's Bookshelf team. The final member is Niina - here's what she had to say about being part of team BB...

meet the team 4


Niina
I'm 26 years old, live in Sweden and work in public administration. I love traveling, eating cheese and reading about the zombie apocalypse. I also really like Christmas. That's pretty much it, now you know everything about me…

How did you initially get into blogging and what was it about joining team BB that appealed to you?

I'm not sure why I started blogging in the first place but I started with a blog in Swedish but got a bit bored with it when I realized that I didn't really have a big amount of people to connect with that way. I was a bit unsure about blogging in English at first because I thought people would comment on my bad English, but that has never happened yet. I had been thinking about starting a book blog for a while but thought that it would be too much work to do alone so I immediately said yes when I was asked to join the BB team.

Which of your published reviews are you most proud of? & any favourite group posts?

I'm not sure if these are the reviews I'm most proud of but I liked my review of The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman and then I want to mention my review of The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell because it's an amazing book. My favorite group post was Wish You Were Where!?

Are there any Swedish authors/books you would recommend to our readers?

I have to admit that I don't read a lot of Swedish books. They main reason for that is that I prefer reading in English (I get to read and practice my skills in English at the same time). But Astrid Lindgren is probably loved by every Swede for her amazing novels for children and teens. She's known internationally for Pippi Longstocking but I would really recommend The Brother's Lionheart (a fantasy) and The Children of Noisy Village (which I know are available in English).

You are a big fan of zombie novels, what would be your survival plan if there were ever a real zombie apocalypse?

Yes, I do actually have a survival plan and it's pretty simple. My theory is that where there's less people there's going to be less zombies (pretty logical). So I would go to our summer house in Lapland, Finland. It's in the middle of nowhere so it's the perfect place to hide. I'm a bit worried about where to find a good gun though…there isn't a lot of guns laying around here in Sweden.

Which two fictional characters, from different books/series, would you like to see appear together in a new story?

Sirius Black from Harry Potter (he's my favorite character from the Harry Potter books) and R from Warm Bodies (yes, a zombie). That would be an interesting story...

Finally, which books are top of your TBR list right now?

There's too many books on my TBR list… But I guess A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg is on the top of my list because I'm planning to start reading it tonight (yes, I'm already getting into the holiday spirit).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you to Niina for taking part in this interview.

We hope you've enjoyed getting to know the girls behind the reviews here at Blogger's Bookshelf.
If you missed any of the previous posts you can find them here: Part One (Anjali & Kath), Part Two (Ria & Erin), Part Three (Laura & Lucy)


2 comments

  1. I think your survival plan sounds like a pretty good one to me! Also love Sirius Black, was so upset when he died in HP!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LOOK LIKE JENA MALONE! (She played Johanna Mason in The Hunger Games). Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.