SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Penguin Clothbound Classics Collection | Reviewed by Laura

I thought I would do a slightly different post today, to show you my small but growing clothbound collection. I recently moved and have finally managed to get these books out of their packing boxes, but I now also have room to display them nicely in my lively them in order to show them off in their full glory.

I received my first clothbound book a few years ago and ever since, every birthday or Christmas my collection steadily grows. I was first drawn to them when I spotted them in Waterstones, instantly falling in love with the detailed and beautifully illustrated covers of some of my favourite books.


I have to say I have only re-read Pride and Prejudice in the clothbound version, they just look too pretty and I'm scared of damaging them! But as a collector of books in general anyway I have to say I do enjoy walking into my living room and seeing this gorgeous collection. The prices of these vary quite substantially from when they are first released at £16.99 to them going down to around £11 when they have been out for a few months.

Has anyone else let this collection catch their eye? Do you have any other collections of books you collect?

This post was written by regular reviewer Laura, get to know her here.
Image are my own

8 comments

  1. I love this collection, they're beautiful! I own wuthering heights and the hobbit like it so far xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love clothbound books but alas I don't own any of my own :( I usually just end up in Waterstones staring at them longingly lol
    The covers for the Austen novels are definitely some of my favourites! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love them! i have alice in wonderland and its beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous. I too saw them in Waterstones and have ever since dreamed of having a little collection :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these covers - I am always drawn to them in Waterstones! Love the cover for Emma because of how the pattern links to the book - Knightley's chair! :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO PRETTY! I absolutely adore this collection

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw some of these in a bookshop in Hay-on-Wye and loved them, especially Bleak House, A Christmas Carol and Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These editions are so wonderful! I always admire them when I'm in Waterstones <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.