SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

What Type Am I? | Renee Baron | Review by Niina


whattypeami


What Type Am I? Discover Who You Really Are by Renee Baron is an introduction to the Myers-Briggs personality types. It's an easy and fast read and covers the basics about temperaments and personality types.

I got interested in temperaments and personality types a few years ago when I started researching the theories behind the Hogwarts houses (oh the things you learn through Harry Potter). Back then I was mostly reading about the temperaments but got interested in learning more about the Myers-Briggs personality types. So I read a few reviews about different books on the subject and found out that a lot of people thought that What Type Am I? Discover Who You Really Are was a good introduction on the subject.

So what do I think about the book? Just like a lot of other people I do think that this is a really good and easy introduction! The book is really easy to read and understand, and every chapter has a lot of illustrations that explain the different types further. But when you read this book you have to be aware of the fact that the information in it is pretty basic. This is not the book to read if you're interested in-depth descriptions. But I do still really think this a good place to start if you are a beginner on the subject and want a fun introduction. Then you can always read other more in-depth books or do more research online when you know the basics. I also enjoy using the book as an reference if I want a quick introduction on one specific personality type or if I want to explain a type for someone who doesn't know a lot about personality types.

But like I said before, do keep in mind that descriptions in this book are pretty basic and limited. This book doesn't give you a full insight and understanding of the personality types but it's a good place to start if you're interested in the subject!

I think it's really hard to rate non-fiction books because it all depends on your interest and your previous knowledge in the subject so I'm not giving out any stars in this review.

This post was written by regular reviewer Niina, get to know her here.

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.