SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Sophie aka In Her Good Books

Welcome to another edition of Being A Book Blogger. Today's post features In Her Good Books, a lovely blog written by Journalism student Sophie, which we discovered after Jennie recommended it to us! Here's what Sophie had to say about her love of books, favourite covers and the perfect crime solving duo...

in her good books blog

BB: Hi Sophie! For any of our readers who aren’t already following In Her Good Books could you tell us a little about the girl behind the blog?

Hello! I’m Sophie, a book blogger, journalism student and part-time bunny cuddler (that may not be part of my job description, but it’s pretty great being able to do that every day). I started blogging in January 2013 but only started book blogging a few months ago, and I’m really enjoying it so far! I love watching films, the odd glass of white wine and constantly have too much month at the end of my money.

BB: Where does your passion for reading come from and how did you get into reviewing?

I was constantly reading as a child, and my older cousins would always give me their old books as hand-me-downs when they grew out of them. We had a library a five-minute walk from where I lived which was great; there was a downstairs section full of children’s books – and a lot of beanbags too – so I always had a lovely time there.

Having only discovered booktubers and book blogs around six months ago, I decided I wanted to be a part of the community, as I wanted to share my thoughts on certain books – and get ideas of books to add to my ever-growing to-read list!

BB: We love a good recommendation here at BB - which five books are at the top of your TBR list right now?

Just five?! Well I’ve only just started The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion, so I’m going to cheat and choose that first. Two chapters in and I’m really enjoying it. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins is next on my TBR list– the fact people are calling it ‘the next Gone Girl’ has really got me excited, and I can’t wait to start reading it!

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler is also on my list – which I only bought today actually! I’ve been recommended it multiple times over the last few weeks, so knew I’d need to pick it up.

Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey and Daughter by Jane Shemilt are the last two that make up my list. I’ve been waiting to read Daughter since last year, so that may be one of the next ones I read, and Elizabeth is Missing is another one that’s had great reviews so I’m hoping I enjoy it as much as I hope I will!

in her good books blog

BB: How do you usually go about choosing your next read?

It completely depends, really. In order to choose The Rosie Project I pretty much did an ip-dip-dip and landed on that one! If there’s a book that I absolutely can’t wait to read, though, I’ll usually just start reading straight away and put everything aside until I’m finished!

BB: You recently posted about Literary Listography, a book which encourages you to make lists about all your favourite reads. If you had to list 3 of your favourite book covers which ones would make the cut?

Despite the fact that I didn’t enjoy the book – I didn’t even manage to finish it, actually – The Circle by Dave Eggers has a lovely cover. I love the cover for Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell too; it’s so simple but absolutely gorgeous. My third favourite would have to be We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler – it reminds me of a Jack Johnson album cover; that’s the only reason I have!

BB: Just for fun - which two fictional characters, from different books/series, would you like to see appear together in a new story?

Ooh, great question! Despite the fact they’d have to do some major age-changing, I’d choose Sherlock Holmes and Cormoran Strike - I’m sure they’d be able to solve crimes in no time!

BB: Finally, which other book blogs or YouTube channels would you recommend to our readers?

I’ve been loving The Book Journal recently. Jennie has a lovely writing style and gives a real insight into books – something which I absolutely love.

And, of course, Sanne’s booktube channel, Books and Quills is a favourite of mine. Hers was the first booktube channel I ever subscribed to, and I love the way she’s so passionate about the books she reads!

Where To Find Sophie Online:
Blog - In Her Good Books
Twitter - @inhergoodbooks
Goodreads 


Images c/o Sophie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Sophie for taking part in this interview.
If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.