SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Brittany aka The Book Addicts Guide

Welcome to another instalment of Being A Book Blogger! Today I'm talking to Brittany, the lovely lady behind The Book Addicts Guide. Here's what she had to say about all things book blogging from getting into YA to blogging pals become real life besties...

cropped-header032015_edited-1


BB: Hi Brittany! For any of our readers who haven't yet discovered The Book Addicts Guide could you tell us a little bit more about the girl behind the blog?

Yes, of course! Well, I am a 20-something now-married lady (just tied the knot in November!) living in the outer suburbs of Chicago. I started blogging back in 2012 when I really got back into reading and sort of kick-started my book addition with a used book store in my neighborhood. Outside of reading and blogging, my husband and I love to travel, camp, homebrew our own beer!

BB: What is your favourite thing about book blogging? And what has been the biggest challenge so far?

My favorite thing has to be the people I've met. I met some of my BEST friends through this community and over our love of books. We started off just commenting on each other's blogs and my two best friends were bridesmaids in my wedding! It's amazing how reading helped us form such strong friendships.

brittany


Hmmmm the biggest challenge, I think, is balance. I have a tendency to take on too many things because it's all so exciting and I love being a part of all of the amazing things this community and my fellow bloggers have to offer! I've been blogging for three years and although I'm STILL figuring things out, I'm really starting to get in the groove of being okay with NOT being a part of everything. It was too stressful to have so many things going on at once and that defeated the purpose of having a hobby!

BB: Like our team you review a lot of YA titles. If you had to create a 'YA Starter Kit' for someone looking to try out the genre which 5 books would you include?

Oooh I love this question! I'd definitely include some different genres. For contemporary I'd have to say If I Stay by Gayle Forman. The movie is out now so it's got even more buzz around it but that was one of MY first contemporary YA books so it really means a lot to me, plus Gayle is one of my favorite authors. For science-fiction, it's The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer all the way! It's one of my favorite series (Cinder is the first book for those who aren't familiar) and it has a little bit of everything. Fantasy fans should start with The Grisha Trilogy (Shadow and Bone is the first book) by Leigh Bardugo (also one of my 1st fantasy series). I'd recommend Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas for mystery fans (it was SO good) and Grave Mercy, the first in the His Fair Assassin trilogy for historical fiction.

Also (shamless plug coming up!), I created a "guide" to crossover books a while back... I shared some of my favorite young adult books I thought would be good for adults trying YA for the first time and also adult books that YA fans could enjoy :D

brittany bookshelf


BB: I loved reading your 'Young Adult Meets Friends' post! Could you tell our readers a little more about it and how you came up with this clever idea?

Oh thank you!!! It actually started with my Young Adult Meets Disney post. I was trying to brainstorm new post ideas and I was spending waaaaay too much time pinning Disney Princess things on my Pinterest boards instead of blogging so I thought, what if I combined the two? I had SO much fun with that post that I wanted to keep doing mash-ups of YA + other favorite fandoms/movies/TV shows and Friends is another HUGE favorite of mine!

BB: Just for fun, if you could live in any fictional world which one would you choose?

HAS to be Hogwarts. I know that's not super unique but come on. It's THE DREAM.

BB: Finally, we would love some recommendations, which book blogs are your favourites to read?

Oh yay! I love recommending! I'm very close with Amy from Tripping Over Books and Alyssa from Books Take You Places so I must plug their blogs! Also love the people and blogs from Estelle + Magan at Rather Be Reading, Andi at Andi's ABCs, and Lauren at Bookmark Lit. Oh, there are just so many wonderful blogs and blogging friends that I want to share that I could literally be here all day so I'll just leave you with the link to my blog roll in case you want more ;)

Brittany's Social Media links: Blog | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest

I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Brittany for taking part in this interview. If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Images c/o Brittany

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.