SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

2015 Reading Goals | Update #1

Back in January we shared some of our reading goals for the year and today's post is the first in our update series sharing how we're all getting on so far. Read on to find out who's on target, what books we've been loving and what we'll be reading (and reviewing) next!


Lulu... 25 books read, 3/5 books vowed to read
I have read about 25 books so far this year and - believe it or not - actually managed to knock off some from the five I mentioned in my goals for this year: Ready Player One (absolutely freaking loved it!), Memoirs of a Geisha (what a chunk of a book, but so worthwhile) and I have been stuck on book four or five in the Narnia series, so yeah...getting there! I plan on reading Code Name Verity in June, but we'll see :) And Anna Karenina...well, there's always December haha! Just finished Just One Day and I have a serious case of wanderlust now!

Cat... 1/5 books vowed to read
I have only read one of my vowed to read books so far this year, and that was Life After Life by Kate Atkinson, which was an absolutely amazing read. Such an interesting concept and well executed. I plan to get back to the list as soon as possible!

Ali... 18/20 books read, 4/5 books vowed to read
Thanks to a lengthy commute, I am smashing my challenge. I've read all but one of my vowed reads, and as I've just picked up the last one I'm sure I'll do them all. Favourites so far? It's a three-way tie between Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill, H is for Hawk by Helen MacDonald and Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix.

Erin... 4/5 books vowed to read
As I'm not taking part in the Goodreads challenge this year I have no idea how many books I've read so far in total, however my 'vowed to read' challenge is going well. After failing to read all five of my choices last year I was more realistic this time around, opting mostly for books I already own or had reserved at the library. For now I've come to a standstill on this particular reading challenge though as my fifth and final choice, Marissa Meyer's fourth Lunar Chronicles novel Winter, isn't due for release until November! My favourite of the four I have managed to read would have to be UnDivided (Neal Shusterman).

Anjali... 23/48 books read, 2/5 books vowed to read
So far this year, I think I'm doing pretty well! According to Good Reads, I'm 4 books ahead of schedule. My 'vow to read' list, however, is only doing so-so. I've read The Wicked Will Rise, by Danielle Paige, and also Let's Let Lost, by Adi Alsaid, both of which are on my 'vow to read' list. I enjoyed both of them, but I think my favourite book so far this year has been Carnival of Souls, by Melissa Marr. I've also been continuing reading the Moral Instruments series, by Cassandra Clare, and just have the final book to read.

Ria... 12/30 books read, 0 (almost 1) /5 books vowed to read
Uh oh. I'm definitely not doing well so far with this year's challenge. After a promising start I seem to have stagnated with just 12 books under my belt 6 months into the year.
I have started on my books I've vowed to read with The Night Circus - which I'm crawling through at the moment - and am hoping to pick up either Hollow Pike or Geek Girl over the next few weeks. I think the main problem with getting back into reading is finding the time at the moment and reading books I need to review! Now that Summer's here I'm determined to get back on track though! 
 
Sophia... 2/5 books vowed to read
I have to say I am doing rather well in that I now own copies of four of these books and I have read two of them! I read (and adored) The Luminaries earlier this year and nothing has quite matched up to it yet! It was entirely engrossing and everything I hoped it would be. I've also read The Rosie Effect which was good too but it didn't have the same wow factor for me as The Rosie Project. After my current read I intend to start The Valley of Amazement and my sister has cheekily nicked my copy of The Miniaturist so I will have to wait for her to finish that before I can finally see what all the fuss is about! As for 100 Years of Solitude I've put that down as one of my summer reads so I feel confident that I will have achieved my goal of reading these five books in 2015!

Now it's your turn to share! We'd love to know how you're getting on with your own goals and what books you've been loving in 2015. Don't forget to leave us a comment below!

2 comments

  1. Becky Hicks6:06 pm

    I set myself the chanter of reading 55 books. So far i have done 15/55...oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky Hicks6:06 pm

    I set myself the challenge of reading 55 books. So far i have done 15/55...oops!

    ReplyDelete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.