SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Char aka Basically Books Blog

Today we're back with another book blogger interview, talking to the lovely Char from Basically Books Blog! Here's what she had to say about joining the book blogging community, her 2015 reading list and being in The Maze Runner for a day...

Basically     Books%0A     Blog


BB: Hi Char! For any of our readers who aren't yet subscribed to Basically BookS Blog could you tell us a little bit more about you and the blog?

I'm pretty boring to be honest. I go to work, and read on my journeys to and from there. Then I watch TV when I get home and plan my blog. Probably not what most 19 year olds do with their time, although I do enjoy quiz night at my local pub (I am master of trivia!). I've always loved books, and I found I had a lot of spare time last year so I decided I'd write a book blog. The blog expanded a little into some TV and music, but I'm still writing mostly book reviews and book news, I'm not always the most efficient though. BasicallyBooksBlog is still quite young, and although I put a lot of work into it, it's still got to grow a lot more, so I'm always trying to think of new things to do, and I know my reading tastes are a little singular so I've had friends talk about their favourite books too. My blogs all about having fun with books, and getting lost in the stories.

BB: Which has been your favourite review to write so far?

That's really tough, but I think my favourite review so far was 'Wild' By Cheryl Strayed. It was a really special book, and it was so inspiring that when I got to writing the review, my thoughts just spilled out into the post. I've never been so passionate about a book before, and that was a really special thing for me to experience. I hope my review for that book does it justice but it was great fun writing it.

BB: We're always looking for books to add to our TBR lists. What books are you planning to read this month?

I've got a series of posts on my blog, where I've listed the books I'd like to read this year. For this month I'm planning on reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbotsky, Beautiful Redemption by Jamie McGuire, and I'm midway through reading The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold which I'm really enjoying.

BB: We love that you also talk TV! Aside from the great adaptations that are already out there are there any other books or series you'd love to see come to life on the small screen?

The Too Far series by Abbi Glines would be better as a film series, but I think it'd still be a great TV show. There's so much drama, and it'd be so easy to fall in love with the characters if they were on TV. I think I'd also really like to see E.M. Tippetts' Someone Elses Fairytale, because it's a little bit of romance, then lots of detective drama, that would be something to grip you into watching the next episode.


interview with char from basically books blog


BB: Just for fun, if you could swap lives for the day with any fictional character who would you choose and why?


This sounds really weird but I'd swap with Thomas from The Maze Runner for a day. I know he lives in this horrible world and is in fear a lot, but I think it'd be exciting to be the hero for a day, and it would make a change from my boring life. Can you imagine being so awesome that you manage to get everyone out of the maze? Plus, I could live dangerously for one day then by the next day 'd be back home in my normal life without a scratch.

BB: Finally, we would love some recommendations, which book blogs are your favourites to read?


I read mostly Buzzfeed books and Guardian books, But I also recently got into reading Chouett.com's blog and Katie's Book Blog. They're quite different from my blog, but in a good way. it's nice to get ideas and inspiration from something different. That's how you evolve.

Where To Find Char Online: Blog | Facebook | Twitter


I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Char for taking part in this interview. If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Images c/o Char

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.