SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Being A Book Blogger | Interview With Ruby aka Feed Me Books Now

Welcome to another Being A Book Blogger interview! Today I'm talking to the lovely Ruby of the fab blog Feed Me Books Now. Here's what she had to say about everything books from her love of Harry Potter to the series we should all read...

feed me books now interview with ruby


BB: Hi Ruby! For any of our readers who aren't yet subscribed to Feed Me Books Now could you tell us a little bit more about the girl behind the blog?

Hi, thank you for letting me stop by! I'm Ruby, a 16-year-old idealist, introvert and word lover. (I'm also a proud Ravenclaw, in case you were wondering.) My little area of the internet – Feed Me Books Now – is essentially a blog-shaped bundle of loose thoughts, ideas, opinions and ramblings about books. I'm obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer & I own a typewriter named Sylvia.

BB: Where does your passion for reading come from and how did you get into reviewing?

It's a cliché, but I honestly can't remember a time when I wasn't completely bewitched by words. I've always been an introverted person & I've always enjoyed spending time with just myself and a book – for me, that always seemed like the natural way to spend my time. I mean, all children love adventures, and every child has their own way of connecting their mind to the adventures. For me, it seemed incredibly natural for words to be the bridge between reality and fantasy. I guess, when I first began the Harry Potter series (aged 6 or 7), that's when I realised there would never be a time in my life when reading wouldn't be important to me. In terms of how I got into reviewing, I was around 13 when I started blogging. I'd never even seen a book blog before, but I wanted a space where I could simply talk books and – voila! – my little blog stumbled rather clumsily into existence.

feed me books now interview with ruby


BB: We love your discussion pieces which feature some very interesting topics. Which has been your favourite to write so far?

Thank you – that's lovely to hear! I think my favourite is possibly "Taking Refuge In Secondhand Dreams". It's not strictly-speaking a discussion as such, but it's definitely food for thought. It's only a short post, and it was actually a page from my journal initially.

BB: We're always looking for recommendations! Do you have any favourite series you think our readers should pick up?

The first series (other than Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings) to jump to mind is Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. I read this series last year, and it was honestly the most exhilarating diversion from reality. Similarly, I've really enjoyed the first two books in The Bone Season series by Samantha Shannon.

feed me books now interview with ruby


BB: Just for fun, if you could be best friends with any fictional character who would you choose and why?

Ahhh, this is tough. Possibly Luna Lovegood? I just feel as if her presence would be the most wonderfully odd reassurance there could possibly be.

BB: Finally, we would love to know which book blogs are your favourites to read?

Tiny, weeny bit bias here (seeing as this blogger is my pen pal), but I adore It Was Lovely Reading You. I also love reading The Book Journal and Paperback Castles.

Where To Find Ruby Online: Blog | Twitter 

I'd like to say a huge thank you from all of us here at BB to Ruby for taking part in this interview. If you are a booktuber or book blogger and would like to be featured in a similar post we'd love to hear from you - just email us at bloggersbookshelf@gmail.com for information!

Images c/o Ruby

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.