Features | Books I Need To Re-Read

Friday, 8 July 2016

I've written before on this blog about my love of re-reading and today I'm sharing the top five books that are currently on my re-reading TBR.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Have you ever read a book with a character who reminded you so much of yourself that it almost hurt when you were reading it? Fangirl is that book for me. My heart ached the first time I read it because I saw so much of myself in Cath, in the good and the bad. It's not often that a book feels like it has nestled into your soul and it's definitely something I want to experience again.

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares

I loved this series of books when I first read them in my early teens but when I read the first book again a few years later, for some reason I felt completely differently. The story was exactly as I remembered it but I just didn't enjoy it that time around. I would love to have another go now that I'm a few years older again and see how I feel this time.

The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket

A Series of Unfortunate Events was one of my favourite series growing up. Every time my mum presented me with a new book I would spend an entire day reading, staying up into the night, ignoring everything else. It has been a long time since I read that last book though and with Netflix making a new series, I think now might be a good time to reacquaint myself with the Baudelaires.

Esperanza Rising by Pam Muñoz Ryan

Esperanza Rising is one of those books that I remember loving. I remember the feeling of reading it. I remember insisting that a friend of mine read it because I knew she would love it too. But I don't actually remember anything about the story. I know it was one of my favourite books for a long time but it has been so long since I read it that I don't really remember why. That's something I should fix.

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

Of all the books on this list, I read The Night Circus the most recently. I enjoyed it but the whole time I was reading it I felt as though I was missing something. I just think that if I read it again, while I do still remember enough about it, then I would probably be able to pick up on whatever it is I missed the first time around. Like how I catch new jokes every time I re-watch Arrested Development. That works for books too, right?

What books are on your re-reading TBR?
author image

Post author: Anastasia

Anastasia is an English and Creative Writing graduate and aspiring writer. She spends most of her time trying to pass off reading books and watching films as research for her many works in progress but occasionally she also remembers to blog at stasialikescakes.

No comments :

Post a Comment