SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Books for Living | Will Schwalbe | Review


I don't read that much non-fiction anymore. I think it's a bit of a non-fiction hangover from university but it has been such a long time since I read any.

When I was sent a copy of Books for Living by Will Schwalbe, I knew it was time to change that. If a book about books couldn't cure my fear of non-fiction, I didn't know what could. I can happily say that my plan worked: I loved this book.

Books for Living: A Reader's Guide to Life is a collection of reflections on the power of books and how they can shape our lives. There are recommendations for specific books that have affected Will Schwalbe and his thoughts on how reading has changed his life. I came away from this book wanting to read so many of the books that were mentioned that I think my TBR has grown again. It also pointed out some things about books that I have read that I hadn't thought about before, which is one of my favourite things about books.

This book went so far beyond that though. It was funny, and heartbreaking, and incredibly powerful. It felt like sitting down with an old friend, and finding out their stories. It made me want to share my stories too.

Beyond that, it was a brilliant reminder of just how much of an impact that books can have and have had on my life.

What's not to love about that?

Kelly x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.