SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | On May's TBR

book stack may tbr 2018 bloggers bookshelf

Look at me, creating a TBR list for the fourth month in a row... who would have thought it? In addition to our May BB book club title, this month I've picked out five titles to read including library books, a couple of recent purchases and the final book from my 2018 sequels challenge...

The Seven Deaths Of Evelyn Hardcastle, Stuart Turton (2018)

At the top of my TBR for the month ahead is this mystery thriller with a really intriguing setup and some serious Cluedo vibes. The book follows party guest Aiden who is trapped reliving the same day over and over again, each time in a different body or 'host', trying to stop the murder of Evelyn Hardcastle in order to escape the cycle. I actually already started reading this one in April and am really enjoying it so far - bonus points for the inside cover design too!

Thunderhead, Neal Shusterman (2018)

Thunderhead is the sequel to Scythe, a book Anjali and I both loved when we read and reviewed it here on BB earlier this year. Shortly after finishing Scythe I pre-ordered the paperback version of Thunderhead and can't wait to find out what will happen next!

They All Fall Down, Roxanne St Claire (2014)

Although I've not read the best reviews for They All Fall Down, it had been on my TBR list for years so when I saw it was available for just a couple of pounds on Amazon I couldn't resist adding a copy to my basket and hitting the checkout button. It's another book with murder mystery vibes but this time within the YA genre, and looks as thought it should be a pretty quick read.

Illuminae, Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff (2015) 

Another series I've been meaning to read for a while is the Illuminae files which I've heard nothing but good things about. A huge appeal of this series for me is the format as the story is told through documents such as interviews, emails, medical reports and chat room logs, something I've enjoyed other versions of in titles like Sleeping Giants (Sylvain Neuvel) and Dangerous Girls (Abigail Haas).

Sidekick Returns, Auralee Wallace (2015)

The final book from my 2018 sequels challenge as well as one of the titles on my Kindle list for the year, Sidekick Returns is the sequel to 2014's Sidekick which follows Bremy St James who leaves behind her socialite lifestyle in search of independence and manages to wind up becoming the sidekick to local superhero Dark Ryder.

Which books are on your TBR this month?

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.