SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Remember Me? | Sophie Kinsella | Review


“Women need chocolate. It's a scientific fact.” source

Sophie Kinsella is best known for her Confessions of a Shopaholic series. I’m here, however, to tell you about one of her stand out, stand-alone novels. I first picked up Remember Me? while spending a few nights at my grandparents house. It was in my nan’s bookshelf and the bright yellow cover stood out to me among the other books. It took me less than a day to finish as I found myself completely absorbed.

It’s 2004 and Lexie is a 20 something woman from England who just missed out on a bonus at the end of financial year. To drain her sorrows away, Lexie goes out for a night on the town with her girlfriends. After being stood up by her “boyfriend” Dave and being caught in the rain with no taxi, things aren't looking good for Lexie. This is when she takes a tumble and is knocked unconscious. Lexie wakes up in a hospital room only to find her life is perfect, oh and it’s 2007. It turns out Lexie went on to become a successful businesswoman who went from almost poor to super rich. It’s only when a recent knock on the head rendered her unconscious that she loses the last 3 years of her life. The last thing she remembers? Being stood up by Dave.

Lexie sets out on a path to uncover what she’s been up to in 3 years, who her almost unnaturally good-looking husband really is and why her life took such a massive change of direction. The book leaves readers constantly guessing. It becomes clear mid-way into the book that things really aren’t right in Lexie’s world. Readers are inclined to believe a massive climax is nearing, which is true. The resolution of Remember Me? ties up every loose end of Lexie’s life and we’re left with a sense of fulfillment. All the mysteries in Lexie's life are solved.

For me there was a perfect combination of mystery, humour and romance. I have a way of being completely absorbed into a mystery until it's solved. Remember Me? was no exception. It was hard to put this book down at all. After reading a lot more of Sophie Kinsella’s books, it’s pleasant to notice that the majority of her writings follow a similar route. Romance, Mystery and Humour. This book easily made Sophie Kinsella one of my top choices for favourite author.

Recommended For

Any one who enjoys any books from the Chick Lit variety would enjoy this book. This book would definitely appeal to women of a range of ages. If you’ve read any of Sophie’s other works, this is for you too. If you loved any of Sarah Dessen’s books but are looking for something slightly older as you mature, this book is for you.

I have to give Remember Me? a 5 out of 5 stars. It’s pure comical genius.

This review was written by regular reviewer Taylah, get to know her here.
Photos TaylahJoyce

6 comments

  1. Your review has drawn me in! Love a good quick read like this after a hard day, think i will look at getting a copy :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. Sophie Kinsella is always so amazing. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Sophie Kinsella, it's not the genre I usually go for, but who knows maybe I should give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely approve of your favourite quote! I've already read this and was surprised at how much I loved it, the ending is very satisfying too :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's definitely my favourite chick-lit author. I like the mystery - humour combo of her stories. Twenties girl was one of my favourites of hers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man this sounds wonderful! I have to get my hands on it :) x

    ReplyDelete

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.