SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | Books I'm saving for my children

Most of the books we read as children are forgotten about. However, some of them stay with us even when we are "too old" to read them anymore. Some of my favourite books as a child were given to me by my mother, and I know that, if I have children, there are definitely some books that I want them to read.  


First of all, Alice in Wonderland, one of my all time favourite books as a child. I re read it so many times. This was one that was given to me by my mum, and there's something really special about it. From the beautiful illustrations to the way it smells old, it's just a really nice book to own. I even like the fact that it's slightly dog eared as it adds to the charm. Added to this, it's such a magical story, and I would enjoy introducing my children to the crazy world of Alice. A classic kid's book. 


Another one that was given to me by my mum. This story stuck with my a long time after reading it, perhaps because it's so sad, or perhaps because I was (and still am) really into horses. Either way, this book was one the of the ones I read when I was younger that I've always remembered reading and loving.


Like every little girl, at one point I wanted to be a ballerina. For this reason, I was fascinated by Dancing Shoes and Ballet shoes. I wanted so desperately to be a part of their world, and to be a dancer like the characters in the book. I would go as far as to say ballet shoes is my all time favourite book. I've probably read it at least 10 times. Even as a young adult, when I'm feeling low I will sometimes go back to this, because it reminds me so much of my childhood and makes me feel happy whenever I read it.

Last but not least, I could not make this post without mentioning Harry Potter. I think everyone from my generation is in agreement with me here - we grew up with the Harry Potter books coming out, and as a result it was a huge part our childhood. The world of Hogwarts was somewhere I loved to escape to, and somewhere I will always, always come back to. The thought of being able to share that with someone else, and see them experience it for the first time like I did, is truly magical.

Katie x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.