SLIDER

WELCOME TO BLOGGER'S BOOKSHELF...


where our team of writers love to talk all things books, sharing reviews, features, lists, interviews and more.

Getting lost in a book is escapism at it's finest and it's what everyone who contributes here thrives on.

NEWSLETTER

Features | Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge Update #2


Since my first Popsugar challenge update I've managed to cross four more challenge prompts off the list making a total of nine so far. If you're taking part in Popsugar's 2017 Reading Challenge let me know which prompts you've crossed off the list and which books you're planning to pick up next! 

A Book By Or About A Person Who Has A Disability | Not If I See You First, Eric Lindstrom (2015)

This Contemporary YA title introduces Parker, a teen who lost her eyesight after being involved in a car accident. The novel explores what daily life is like for Parker and how she refuses to let her disability hold her back - the perfect fit for this challenge prompt!

A Book That's Published In 2017 | One Of Us Is Lying, Karen M. McManus (2017)

There were a few titles I considered for this prompt but in the end I settled on One Of Us Is Lying, an upcoming debut release. This YA novel is written from multiple POVs and follows the fallout of a detention gone wrong when one of the students doesn't make it out alive, leaving the other four accused of foul play. You can catch my full review of the book here on BB at the end of May!

DSC07085

A Book You Got From A Used Book Sale | Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns), Mindy Kaling (2011)

I recently picked up a secondhand copy of Mindy's first book from a charity shop which I decided for the purposes of this challenge counts as a 'used book sale'. The book was a really fun read and I'm looking forward to reading Mindy's second book Why Not Me? later in the year.

A Book With A Subtitle | I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It: Stories From An Online Life, Jess Kimball Leslie (2017)

When I saw this book pop up on Netgalley I thought it sounded like a lot of fun and thanks to the subtitle also a good fit for this prompt! This non-fiction title follows the effect technology has had on the author's life, from Bette Midler message boards as a teen to working in the world of social media and trying out online dating. If you missed it, you can catch my review here!

No comments

Post a Comment

© Blogger's Bookshelf • Theme by Maira G.